Sunday, June 27, 2010

Loves Walks Through the Weeds


Apparently I like to get places in a hurry. The Universe has tricky, sneaky, unpleasant ways of teaching lessons. That's why Mason is my kid. He takes his time. I mean he really takes his time.

A 1-block walk takes about 30 minutes with him in tow. But I'm sure the neighbors appreciate his technique for eradicating dandelions.

And in case you think peppy encouragement helps him speed up, I can confirm that the following phrases DO NOT WORK:

Fast feet!
Can I see some hustle?
By all means, move at a glacial pace.
Macey, I will give you ice cream if you can beat me home.
Let's have a race!
Mason, you don't need to pick up every yellow flower.
Come on, now.
NOW!
Look, Cooper is leaving us.
Hurry uuuuuuuuuuuup!


In fact, it has been my experience that the aforementioned basically triples our time.We got to get this situation fixed before we go to LEGOland or I will loose my mind in California.

3 comments:

laurel said...

Cute boy! Enjoy Legoland.

Adamo said...

He does seem to have an inquisitive soul. This can make point A to point B impossible.

Ryan and Andrea said...

Gee, are Mason & Brooklyn related? She is the exact same way, although, I think some of hers is rebellion. Hmmm, I have no idea where she gets that from!!