Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Any Given Morning


If you were to spy on me -- I'm just saying IF -- and you drove by my house on any given morning you would find me and my boys on the porch. As I wander through my flowers snapping pictures and pinching deadheads they sit in the quiet peace of morning sunshine and read books. Sometimes they rub the sleep from their eyes, often they bicker over buttered toast, but always we start our day there.

It is for this reason I am dreading the start of school. For I fear it will be the end of our lazy ritual and the start of frenzied rushing and deadlines. I'm not a fan of frenzy. You?

3 comments:

laurel said...

I was just thinking that very same thing this morning. Summer is almost over. I can't believe how it has flown by.

Glenda said...

excellent photo!

Dad

Claudia said...

Oh my gosh I love that picture!