Friday, December 31, 2010

Photobooth Friday, Family Christmas Card Edition



I thought it would shock you to discover that in the planning and preparation of the annual Christmas Card that everyone makes, sends, and then promptly throws away I realized there was not a single picture of all four of us. Not a one. Well, actually there was one of all four pairs of our feet. But I was afraid to send that out on account of some of the clients and business associates who get our card. And some people don't like feet. Or so I'm told. (Netti!)
Turns out when I started floating this disastrous piece of information out there I was told by many mothers that they too could not find a single picture of their complete brood. Moreover this discussion ended with, "In fact there was not a single picture of me (the mother)." Weird. What's wrong with our society?
Anywho! So, we got our family portraits taken. I am so pleased. Pleased because the photographer we used was a fellow Aggie, she can do a side crow like nobody's business, and she was really good. Also, she fit us in and bent over backward -- this is funny because her yoga practice is outstanding -- to get us at least one shot we could use on our cards before Christmas. This means that some of you, not all of you, received a card on or before the actual holiday.
But the entire process of looking for a photo of all of us, then being completely disappointed, then scrambling to get one made, made me realize we gotta do something about getting more pictures of ourselves. Actually, not more pictures of ourselves so much as more pictures of the entire family. Thus, the family edition of Photobooth Friday. Thank goodness for timers. te he he...

PS -- Start taking pictures of the mothers!

3 comments:

Glenda said...

Amen....these pictures are wonderful and priceless....

Katlyn said...

I am sad to say that I am also missing from 90% of our photos

laurel said...

Cute pictures. I know what you mean....I am in very few photos.