Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Hammer


"When am I going to be in the Olympics?"

This is where I choked. Pretty sure that question wasn't in the "Parenting a Humble Child" handbook. He asked with complete faith that 1) He would be in the Olympics, 2) I knew which Olympics.

Turns out, I didn't even know which event!

I took the, if-you-try-hard-enough route and answered, "If you swim every day you might make it there before we expect you to."

"No, no, no, no, no. I'm not going to swim. I'm going to throw that ball thingy with the chain and you swirl around. You know, that thing?"

Is there such a thing as Hammer Lessons?


And since we're in the sporting spirit around here. I can finally reveal the winner of the random drawing I had this past week. (I'm such a dork.) Angenette, who I recently learned goes by Netti. Sending her an art apron from my Etsy shop. Look for it, Netti. Actually, first send me your current address.

3 comments:

Glenda said...

Where in the world did he see a Hammer throw....well tell him I will come and watch.

Claudia said...

He is so dang funny. I wonder what made him think of hammer throwing whilst swimming? Love that kid!

laurel said...

Let me get this straight. While swimming he asked about hammer throwing? Hmmmm. Funny little boy. Shows his mind is always at work.