Sunday, October 24, 2010

We Broke The Rules and Survived Anyway

Given that I've already recapped our journey to get to Utah, it's a needlessly mentioned conclusion that we survived the trip. It goes without saying that I will belabor this point by describing the reason we should not have.

Namely, no one -- I repeat no one -- should drive through, near, or in Wyoming before Memorial Day or after Labor Day. And yet, we did. Lived to tell about it. So, you know, maybe there is such a thing as global warming.

Of course our day started with coffee, lots and lots of coffee. So let's skip that nonsense and get right into the gritty:

9:29 a.m.
Find ourselves en route to Colorado.

10:32
Pass into Wyoming and simultaneously conclude it ("it" being driving through aforementioned hell) wouldn't be so bad if you could drive 100 mph or so.

11:15
Stop at Little America. Despite the glamour, Mason refuses the facilities. And I am categorically disappointed that this is probably the last possible stop in which I could find a suitably tasteless souvenir for one of my friends, and recognize that I have failed her miserably.

1:40 p.m.
And here we have Rawlins. It's high time I distribute gifts/bribes/concession trinket. Cooper is now the proud owner of a Zooble named Rad. He is fascinated by this name.

2:01
What is my zoobles' name, again?

Rad.

2:21
Is my Zoobles' name Red?

No, Rad.

2:42
I forgot my Zoobles' name.

Rad.

3:04
Can you tell my Zoobles' name?

Rad. As in, it would be rad if you never asked me that again.

3:31
Mason falls asleep.

3:48
OK, did you say his name was Red?

Nope. It's Rad. Raaaaaaaaad. Say it with me, Rad.

4:18
Mommy, I still can't remember this guys' name.

Rad.

4: 39
Oh I remember, his name is Rad.

Argh.

5:38
Finished. I am finished. I am getting out of this car and it is going to take serious cash to get me back in it. Serious. Also, Rad is banned.

No comments: