Monday, January 3, 2011

Last Day Blues

School resumes in the morning. It's been a wonderful winter break full of sunny days, holiday shopping, sugar eating, and a little pop of snow at the end. But now the dreaded day of return.
I can feel that my heart rate has gone up, my mind is racing, and I have to keep reminding myself to take a deep breath. Surely I'll remember the backpacks, the lunchboxes, the coats, the mittens, the scarves and the hats. Maybe I'll even get folks where they are supposed to go. And with a little luck, they'll even be on time.

Tomorrow is a big day, a new day, a full day. I'm worried.




1 comment:

Glenda said...

I LOVE - absolutely LOVE the picture of Mason in that cute, cute hat. I think I need a hard copy of that to frame...can you print me one. I am not enough of a techie to pull it off the blog.
I felt a little bit like that today, too.