Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Dear Dad!

Hello from Denver to Atlanta...
Today at Mason's 6-months well check visit he weighed in at 14 lbs 14.2 oz, finally jumping into the 10th percentile! Height is still in the 70s at 27 in. (By the way, this means Mason has to have a new car seat today!) Just like bro, he's got a big noggin' that is measuring in 80th percentile at 45.5 cm.

Our big plans, to show Sarah how much fun the zoo is, were foiled by drones of people. When she showed up she was able to find a space in the Museum of Nature and Science parking garage. But we were not able to find one and had to park about 2 miles away on the other side of City Park! It took me 30 minutes to push both boys in grass (the sidewalks are all torn up due to construction and improvements) wearing flip-flops. I'm not complaining, I'm just saying it took me a while and poor Sarah was waiting inside for us.

Of course Cooper's favorite thing was the ceramic lion that eats quarters and roars -- clever way to sucker donations out of parents. He was so impressed with it that as soon as we sat down for lunch he started rumaging around in the stroller. I couldn't figure out what he was doing, but he was searching for loose change. When he found some he said, "I'll be right back." Then he tried to scoot off by himself to "feed" the lion.

He liked the scores of duck poop we encountered on our walk through City Park. Gag-ola! Mason slept through much of the museum. The dimlights put him right out.

After the museum we hustled over to Skyridge for the WC visit. The staff at the doctor's office has completely changed. Everyone was very nice. Mason is doing great. He even successfully sat up during the visit so that she felt comfortable enough to say that he has "overcome his AGA [adjusted gestational age]." She had some recommendations for his diet and thinks he should try eating more solid foods to bulk up. All the while Cooper played peacefully with the super-germs on the toys in the waiting room. Ick.

I already told you about the killer winds that almost knocked over the stroller. So, won't bore you with that, again. Wind is still blowing. Hope we have trees when you get home. Those boxes you put out on the driveway yesterday? Gone!

I have to go downtown tomorrow and meet a couple of candidates for my job. We're zeroing in on a successor. I can't wait. It will be a relief to know that is in good hands.

Tried to take pictures of all our adventures today. But alas, dead battery in the camera. Wasn't me.

J and C and M

No comments: