Monday, September 24, 2007

Cereal Killer


Funny story.
Mason loves cold cereal. Cheerios to All-Bran, the boy will eat it up. We’ve tried to keep the sugar-coated stuff away from him. And chocolate is a big no-no. Well, today he pulled himself within reach of a small bowl of Cocoa Puffs. These are a special treat that I was letting Cooper have for some toilet-training success.


I moved the bowl to the back of the side table that Mason had pulled himself up to. I thought this would distract him and he would forget about the cereal. Then we all started watching Charlotte’s Web and playing with toys. Then I heard a munch-munch at my elbow. I looked back to find that Mason had decided he wanted those Cocoa Puffs and had actually crawled a great distance to get to them.


He had gone to the other side of the sectional sofa, crawled behind it, then shimmied his way along the back of the L-shaped sofa all the way to the side that I had placed the Cocoa puffs on. Then pulled himself up and, “Voila!” Smarty pants.


I let him have a few, just for his clever resolve.


photo note:
Don't mind the mess... Steve's out of town and it gets a little crazy right before bed (two against one and all), but I really wanted you to see how far Mason had to crawl to get these things. See him hiding on the right? He crawled to the pillar on the left to get behind the sofa.

No comments: