Sunday, September 6, 2009

Teenage Mutant


Clad in a polyester Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle costume -- for the third straight day -- and flanked by his younger brother, who was dressed as Darth Vader in sneakers, Cooper approached a high-school-aged cheerleader and said, "I like your costume."
Are. You. Kidding. Me!?!??!!?
Quite literally I laughed, only on the inside, so hard I just about peed in my pants.
Needless to say the cheerleader was nonplussed by this description and sweetly -- but ever so fakely -- corrected him with, "This isn't a costume, it's my uniform."
And dear, frank Mason said, "Oh yeah, right."
Oh. My. Gosh. Dying, I was dying.
So then, costume versus uniform. You decide.

PS -- Her mother, who was clearly over her daughter's cherry tattoos (on her cheeks and shoes), was equally amused.

OH AND A VERY BIG
Happy Birthday to Uncle Trent -- the original TMNT.

1 comment:

Claudia said...

Don't know why but it makes me happy inside that Coop still wears costumes all day long (maybe because it means he not soo grown up yet...). And that he and Mason do it together. As for the cheerleader conversation, thank you for posting. Made my afternoon.