Thursday, February 18, 2010

Oh, I Get It: The Husband Version

My husband is a few years older than I. Not a big deal, however, we tend to have a problem when it comes to movies and music.

He'll say, "Remember that one movie..."

And I'll blankly stare at him and think, "Remember it from what? Fifth grade?"

Anyway, I had the opportunity to see Footloose for the first time. And now, I get it. I now understand why he dances the way he does and tends to dress the way he does (but only when he's lounging and positive no one will see him). I also instantly fell in love with him all over again. That movie came out when he was in high school, so I'm sure it influenced him just a little bit.

Much the same way I was influenced by backward pant wearing, lipsinking, chubby girl in the bee costumeing, scrunchies in the hair type pop references during my high school years.

The other thing I realized when I watched Footloose. My son has Kevin Bacon hair.

3 comments:

Angenette said...

Really? For the first time ever? My sister and I were singing Almost Paradise when I was in 4th or 5th grade (whenever it came out) in perfect harmony. ha!
I guess my sibs are significantly older than yours, though, and were forced to babysit me more often than not when they went out with their friends.

Claudia said...

Love. This. Post. And also surprised (like previously commenting friend) that you only just saw it for the first time. Used to watch that movie with a friend, along with Dirty Dancing...I'm recognizing a theme here...

Love Msn's Kevin Bacon look.

laurel said...

Yes he does! His hair is a dead ringer. I can't believe you just saw it for the first time. Wow.