Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Personal Insight


You know how some people – more specifically a lot of artsy-fartsy people – claim that if they don’t create they are not living. I am one of those people. I create whether or not someone is paying me to do it.

For the greater part of my working-for-a-paycheck life I have written, photographed, published, or edited something. And now, even though no one hands me a regular paycheck to do it, I write every day. I simply don’t think clearly unless I do. In fact, I’m not sure I’ve actually thought about something until I write about it.

And so it is this personal insight that spared my little artist a spanking. (That and he’s super cute.)

You see, Mason just is not Mason without a pen in his hand. More specifically a pen in one hand writing on the other hand. I could come unglued about it… scream, yell, rip the marker away from him… but I know he needs to do it.



The thing is, I haven’t figured out which part of it he needs. He’s either remarkably hypergraphic or dying for a tattoo. Frankly, there is the outside chance he just wants a part in Avatar II. And until I figure that out, I will continue to hide the writing instruments.

PS – If anyone writes me and tells me I shouldn’t spank my kid,; actually I’m not even going to answer that.

6 comments:

Glenda said...

He is absolutely wonderful....the face mask...was that an accident or intentional, it is great! Anyway, I expected the green marker to be all over furniture or bedspreads or something (like I experienced) not on him...heck, boys are "wash and wear" as far as I am concerned.

PS: Hide the scissors...his creative uncle used to use those for art work with disasterous results!

coco_angel said...

Haha, Tori did this too only she did it with lipstick! I should post pictures on facebook if they're not already up there...she literally did the entire lower half of her face. Let me tell you how much fun THAT was to get off!!!!

Claudia said...

He looks like he's auditioning to be an extra in Braveheart. Cute boy!

Katlyn said...

Apparently washable markers aren't so washable...

laurel said...

We ahve been colored here many a time. I like your attitude about it. I wasn't as easy going.

Rachel said...

I'll make sure Crew doesn't see these pictures. Wouldn't want him to get any ideas.