I have an unnatural affinity toward peanut butter. If I actually confessed to you how much I eat you wouldn't want to be my friend anymore. But, realistically, I know some of you are thinking, "Oh that explains her breath." It's not unusual for me to -- say for breakfast -- take a hershey chocolate bar, liberally spread peanut butter on every single square, and wolf it down. And frankly, if I can taste the chocolate, there's not enough peanut butter. So, if you think you might love peanut butter as much as I do, try this recipe. Otherwise, I must say it is not for the amateur peanut butter liker.
Big Time Peanut Butter Cookies, makes 20 (taken from The Weekend Baker)
1 1/2 cups peanut butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup flour
1 cup mini chocolates or m&m's (I used chocolate chips)
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 cookie sheets w/parchment or foil.
2. Combine peanute butter and brown sugar in a mixer. Then continue to beat while adding egg and vanilla until blended. Pour in flour and candies as you continue to mix.
3. Spoon onto baking sheets; squish with tines of fork... but not too flat as this is a relatively fragile cookie.
4. Bake 1 sheet at a time for about 12 minutes. Cool on rack.
5. OPTIONAL: I froze my batch immediately and ate them frozen. SOOOOOO good. Well, if you have a thing for peanut butter.