Thursday, September 11, 2008

It's Important to Note

Mason has a 2-year pediatric appointment coming up. In the U.S. this consists of a series of questions that are designed (whatever) to determine if your child is growing and developing at a rate that is equatable with his/her peers (others in his age group). As this will be my second 2-year-old I'm pretty sure that Mason is just fine. In fact, he's way ahead of Cooper on speech. Here are just some of the words and phrases he's piecing together for our enjoyment.

1. There it is.
2. I see (This actually means, show me.)
3. Smell (he likes to asks to sniff stuff, what can I say?!?!?!)
4. I do
5. Buzz (of Toy Story)
6. Woody (also of Toy Story)
7. Incredibles (of The Incredibles)
8. Mommy
9. Daddy (but also thinks the man with the yellow hat is daddy)
10. Ready... Set... Go!
11. George
12. Guy (to refer to all his favorite action figures)
13. hat
14. book
15. peep (actually tells me this after he's wet his diaper)
16. hand
17. tickle-tickle
18. I'm stuck
19. bugs
20. honk
21. cars
22. eye
21. hello
22. button
23. banana
24. apple
25. please
26. cheese
27. teeth
28. batman
29. spiderman
30. turtle (of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
31. Elmo
32. Nemo
33. It's Raining!
34. yes (the emphatic version includes, mmmmhmmm and yeah)
35. no (this gets a little hot and bothered)

PS -- Swimming lessons isn't going so great. Coop was much improved today. But Mason is still the scaredy cat of his class.

PSS -- Cooking school was great. Then Cooper up and decided he didn't want to go today. He has a great teacher who lured him in. And he seemed happy when I picked him up. So, we'll forge ahead.

1 comment:

Adamo said...

Does he still say "BAM!"?