Friday, September 26, 2008

Debates

Let me first say that I took 237 pictures in seven days and that I have ever intention of posting all of them to this blog. Next let me say that being in a car with little else to do but listen to the radio resulted in great conversation and the chance for our family to listen to the first presidential debate of the season. Time well spent.

To recap I have to admit that I was so busy loading the car, saying good-byes, and talking politics with my hubby that I didn't even pay attention to the time. So, this travel log doesn't begin until 11:41 a.m. when we realized we had already cruised past a great deal of the pastoral, rural parts of Northern Utah... all the way to Coalville.



The boys were very quiet this morning and settled into a movie (Finding Nemo) without much fuss.

12:14 p.m. We're in Wyoming and Coop notices the geographic changes with, "Are we out of the mountains?" Thus begins the supremely boring leg of our road trip. Mason is humming the theme to Star Wars.

1 p.m. Mason starts a game of repetitively blowing raspberries and spitting. Obviously needs something else to do.


1:20 p.m. Stop at Little America where the boys flock to the playground for a self declared recess. Dad takes a conference call -- he must work at all times, you know -- and I strike a few yoga poses (much to the entertainment of a group of Haliburton employees on break). I eat lunch with the boys at the old fashioned diner and take pictures of the bathroom (because it's strange).

2:37 p.m. Dad's off the phone. We can get on the road, again.

3:10 p.m. Steve is still driving, W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L! To break up the boredom we have a game of "Let's Run Over the Rumble Strips". We think this is funny because it makes our kids giggle and say things like, "That tickles my bum." We're weird.


4:17 p.m. We switch places after 17 arduous minutes of me reading the news off CNN Mobile to Steve.

6 ish Stop at Arby's for dinner. Declare that starting tomorrow it is No Fast Food Week. Also make vow to go to the gym, and consider going twice a day until fat stops hanging over the seat belt.

7 p.m. Tune into the debates.

7:14 p.m. Conclude we're zeroing in on a candidate.

Arrive home with such jubilation that we don't notice the time. Unload the car and immediately start trip laundry and watching the rest of the debates.

No comments: