Friday, September 12, 2008

Rainy Days


The kids woke up rather late today, after 9 a.m., to find that it was raining. When I asked Coop what he wanted to do he immediately said, "Go to the mall. You want to go shopping, don't you mommy?" I can't say no to that! On our way to the car (to go to the mall) we had to call class to order.

Worms! We found 50 or so worms all over our driveway. This delighted the boys and they ran in and out of the garage in quasi fear. Coop found one worm that he grew fond of and decided to build him a house -- because you know, we've never done that before -- out of an eggshell. So, if you're driving by my house and you see a little eggshell hiding in the garden, check for a happy worm.

PS -- Check out that cute jacket on Mason. It's a hand-me-down from the twins and it is a perfect fit. He loves wearing the hood (which I think is a little strange). We're so grateful for this gift because he had grown out of everything from last year (sweatshirts and fleeces) but isn't quite big enough to fit in the next group of Cooper's hand-me-downs.

POST ANNOUNCEMENT: Check in tomorrow because Cooper will have his first soccer practice! We'll be taking hundreds of photos. This, my friends, is a BIG moment.

2 comments:

Glenda said...

I love to see that Mason is becoming more expressive and seeming to enjoy little things more. Good for him. Nothing better than picking up worms off the sidewalk after a big rain.
Hey, remember when we would pour stuff on the grass and you kids would collect them?

laurel said...

I just gotta say the worm thing for me is the hardest thing about having boys especially when they realize if they taunt mom with one she will scream. Your boys are so cute and happy. We miss them.