Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Day 5: Cooper Eats, A LOT


=====
DAY 5
=====

8 a.m.
Cooper eats an entire 6 oz yogurt.

9
Starts to complain of a stomachache. But, no other symptom, e.i., fever, vomiting.

12:40 p.m.
We set lunch on the patio, for our first "eating outside" of the season. Cooper polishes off 20 blackberries for lunch. He declines offers for popcorn, crackers, cheese, noodles, even apples (a usual favorite).

2:30
In the middle of an appointment, Cooper bellows, "Maaaaaa-ommmmm I'm so hungry I'm starving."

3
Drive straight to Panera and let the boys pick out a bakery treat. Cooper picks a chocolate chip muffie (the top of a muffin) and apple juice. Mason picks out a chocolate chip cookie and a milk. I pick out a chocolate frosted brownie and a hazelnut coffee. Cooper eats half of his muffie, drinks all of his juice, eats my brownie (I think I had 1 bite), and asks for more food. What?!?!?!?!

I get two Everything bagels, a bottle of water, and another juice box. I eat Mason's cookie. Mason doesn't eat his bagel, but does drink the extra juice box (after finishing his milk). Cooper eats his entire bagel and drinks most of the water. Holy cow! Is this a fluke?

6:30
I make a simple pasta/asparagus/diced ham/parm cheese/orange bell pepper dish. Cooper eats, and eats, and eats (and keeps asking for me). Steve is NOT home for dinner. So, now I'm questioning previous hunches.

This is crazy -- like crazy good, not crazy bad.

9:30
The boys each eat two girl-scout cookies.

PHOTO NOTE: Mason with the strawberries.

1 comment:

laurel said...

I am glad things are looking up. Maybe it was just the awful tummy bug that has been going around. Who knows, at least he is eating again. Keeping toes and fingers crossed for you.