Saturday, March 28, 2009

Sushi? Noshi!

It's Spring Break in these parts. That's not to say that there are thousands of young people mulling around -- scantily clad and clumsily drunk. Mostly it means that folks around here have escaped to warmer climes to enjoy spring in summer-like conditions. But our humble family has stayed home. Firmly rooted in the familiar scenery of our surroundings we've set out to enjoy a vacation via food. On one adventurous afternoon I decided to introduce my kids to Japan through their stomachs. Nothing dangerous, just a few fully-cooked California rolls. They hated it. So glad I didn't spring thousands on airfare to Japan for a holiday.

2 comments:

laurel said...

They are boys after my own heart...I don't like them either. Okay I have never tired them, but I don't think I would like them.

The Martell Family said...

We took the family out for Japanese on New Year's Eve in Dubai. If I haven't mentioned it, Jack is a CHOW HOUND! There is nothing the boy won't eat. That night he devoured sushi (and I mean even the stuff I won't eat), miso soup, a salad, teriyaki chicken, and two desserts. Even though I had two glasses of wine, the cost of his meal far surpassed mine. I told my husband I think we spent about $150 on Jack alone at that meal. I shudder to think of what the teenage years bring! XO, Lorie