Wednesday, July 11, 2007

P.U.

Foreshadowing is a literary device in which an author drops subtle hints about plot developments to come later in the story. In other words, it was bound to happen… all the signs were there… if you missed it, it’s your fault.

Last night we read the delightful children’s book titled, “What’s that Awful Smell?” In the tale a barnyard full of animals hunt through the barn looking high and low for a really bad smell. They think it’s a new piglet, but it turns out that after an entire day of trying to de-stink the pig the real problem is a liver, onion, and tuna fish sandwich belonging to the cat.

Today we woke up to an awful smell, too. Couldn’t find it. Thought it was the trash, thought it was the fridge, thought it was dirty diapers. After an entire day of searching and cleaning Cooper and I found it – the dishwasher. I can’t even explain how horrendous the smell was. So, we ran the dishwasher – though it was empty – and I’ll report back on progress.

In other news, I checked out “Martha’s indispensable handbook for creating a comfortable and beautiful home and caring for everything in it.” It is 744 pages long. Do you think she wrote it in prison? I nearly fell out of the chair I was sitting in when I came across a grid of data for mattress dimensions and “cot” is listed. Good for you Martha. Now, I’m returning this book because the only thing it’s good for in my household is a footstool.

Not going to post pics of my stinky dishwasher... so here are some more shots of our travels.

Mason loved this blanket. But now that Devin pointed out to me how many people have slept on it (or otherwise) I'm a little grossed out that Mason was wriggling around on it. Thanks Devin!

Big fan of this puzzle -- printed in 1962 -- and the Mr. Roger's Neighborhood sweater.


PS -- those are not my feet in the background. I know you're curious... because of my foot article.

No comments: