Monday, June 2, 2008

Pal Around


In my most recent post I showed you pictures of various sprouts in my yard. I neglected the cutest sprout of all. This little guy pals around with me and squats next to each plant/pot to sniff the flowers and eye up the growth as my apprentice gardener.

I'm dying for him to tell me what he thinks it feels like to walk barefoot in the grass or if the water from the hose is cold enough. He enjoys these outdoor pleasures so much. Both Cooper and Mason have taken to pinching off leaves from the herb trough and eating the nips of green essence. After biting a bit of Thyme Cooper exclaimed, "It tastes like pizza."

5 comments:

kirkzanne said...

Those two are your cutest sprouts - that is for sure. But I have recently had the urge to grow things myself. I'm envisioning a little salsa garden, tomatoes, chilies, maybe an onion or two and definitely herbs - lots of herbs. I hope that isn't like a previous urge - to take down my own wallpaper - which lasted for about 2 hours and then I turned it over to a professional!!

Glenda said...

Love those boys. I am amazed with the interest we all having in growing things. I think we can thank Grandma Libby for that.

Glenda said...

One more thing! There is a new herb I saw recently called chocolate mint. It was certainly more mint than chocolate, but sort of an intersting flavor. Try it...the boys might like it.

Anita said...

I'm going to have to have Mason come over and teach me a thing or two about gardening - I'm sure he can do a better job than I have.

laurel said...

They are truly the best things in your garden.