Sunday, June 8, 2008

To Each His Own

Our boys are at the ages where they are starting to realize it's a bit more fun to play together. Up until now they were like ships passing in the night. They'd play in and around the same area and often fight over toys but would never really play together. But lately we're seeing the tide change. One game that has brought them together is BATTLESHIP. Here's a picture of the two of them breaking in the garage sale find ($2).
This spirit of togetherness only lasted long enough for me to take 3 pictures of it. Then they moved on to their separate ventures. I wouldn't say hubby and I want to change them, but we do want to encourage together play. So, we bought a baseball set (thinking catching, pitching, hitting to each other) and a lacrosse set (also a little tossing to each other). The toys were a hit. But together was not the word of the day, unless you count the part where they both hit each other with the sticks and bats. They figured that part out in a hurry. While Coop tried out the new stuff, Mason wandered off to find his tried and true favorite -- the big, blue soccer ball.


PS -- In case you haven't heard, Coop and daddy are taking a vacation this coming week. (Mason and I will be having our own little staycation.) I hope that Steve will blog on the road, but I can't guarantee it.

6 comments:

Claudia said...

Sounds fun for Cooper and Steve...where are they going? I can just picture the boys "figuring out" that it's fun for them to hit each other. Such boys!

Elle said...

Do it Steve! Or else you'll have some very disappointed fans man, and you don't want that.

Elle said...

Oh by the way... Finished reading A Woman in Berlin. Loved it! Now I'm reading The Hiding Place but I swear I have read this book before. I think my dad may have made me read it when I was in high school.

laurel said...

How fun! A daddy/son trip. Steve we won't Blog!!!! Love the pic of MAson and the ball. He is so sweet. Melts my heart. Do your boys actually get Battleship? I still can't win that game.

kirkzanne said...

I so wish I was going to be there. I hear there are lots of fun things planned!

lynnie said...

I have experienced Cooper for a short time already....read my blog!