Sunday, May 18, 2008

Un-Picnic in the Park


Our social calendar runneth over this weekend. I don't know why all the stars aligned but we had the kids go-go-going from early morning until late at night. The biggest event was our neighborhood picnic -- which is Bring Your Own Everything. I couldn't help but laugh when we got to the park, however, and I started to see what the other families had packed for picnics. There were full dinners, drinks, and desserts. Our picnic basket -- on the other hand -- had snacks. But our kids were so distracted they wouldn't have eaten even if we had packed a picnic.

Following the picnic we found ourselves at our neighbors' house. This was so fun for the kids. I could have taken a hundred pictures. When I took the picture of the two girls and Cooper cuddling in the blankets watching a movie I couldn't help but think I was getting a preview of teenage parties to come. Of the affair Coop said, "We're all being Claire [one of the girls]." I'm not even sure what he meant by that. Maybe he just felt as happy as she always is.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I always knew he'd be a ladies man.

Devin said...

The neighborhood picnic sounds fun. I can only imagine the intense dinners some "suburb" yuppies would pack. On the topic of packing, the beach bag you gave to Rach is coming in handy. You would not believe how much stuff we get into that thing. We love it and use it a lot. This weekend when you are hanging with the parents we will be at Sea World... When are you going to bring the boys down for a Disney Land, Sea World, and San Diego Zoo adventure?

Glenda said...

To this day I love a good picnic at a park. I thought it was the most fun as a kid, but I think my dad was uncomfortable eating out in public like that because we didn't do it very often. I hope we can spend some really good park time with the boys when we are there.

laurel said...

I'd really like to know what he meant by we are all being Claire. Was it cause she suggested the idea of laying there under blankets? I spend a lot of time wondering how kids thinK.

Elle said...

Cooper seems to gravitate towards the older kids huh? I'm assuming from the photo that the girls are older.