Saturday, June 2, 2007

Mason’s Mantra, part I, II, and III:


I: It’s new to me.
Almost all of Mason’s clothes, bibs, shoes, toys, and books were once Cooper’s. But as many of you know, baby stuff just doesn’t get used much. So, when you pull it out of the storage box it’s like new. (Strangely enough there is a hint of Cooper’s baby smell in them.) And to Mason it is new!

It’s been a fun experience as a mother to pull out the items (especially the clothes and books) and remember how much I loved seeing them on Cooper. It is so fun to see them worn by and used by Mason. Mason is a bit smaller, so it’s a little different.

I do feel like I should send a new batch of thank you notes to all the friends and family who gave us these things when Cooper was born. It’s like having the gift all over, again. (Ferres! Please tell your friends, like Wes and Sandra, how fun it is to dress Mason in the clothes that they gave us for Cooper.)

II: I can do it, (and if you help me I’ll scream).
Mason is in a phase of trying to do everything by himself. Which is a bit humorous as he is quite L-A-Z-Y! He won’t crawl anywhere but a circle and yet if you pick him up and move him to the spot he’s trying to get to – he screams. His most willful moments are over cherios and puffs. These are a favorite snack. He is trying to hone his fine motor skills and it is fun to watch him push the treats around his highchair tray. He will scream because he has “lost” the cherio that is wedged in his chubby palm. And he screams when you try to help him find it… because of course, he can do it himself!

III: Flip me over and I’ll sack out.
In the days of put your baby BACK to sleep it is a major milestone when you check on your sleeping baby and find him on his belly. Cooper was quick to get to this point. But, again, LZMas was a little slower to get there. I checked on him on Thursday and found him both flipped over and sacked out!

PS -- to those of you concerned that my kids look high in all their pictures. They are getting enough sleep, it's just the camera. It has a really prolonged flash. I hate it. But I can't upgrade, yet. I don't know what I want and I have two cameras that work just fine. I need to find a place that will let me trade those in for credit for a new one.

No comments: