Sunday, June 17, 2007

The Two Most Beautiful Words


Summer afternoon - Summer afternoon... the two most beautiful words in the English language. --- Henry James


We’re home and it never looked so good. Of course, we did fly in on a 100-degree day. The weather was great, the house was clean, and the reception awesome. Our daddy definitely missed us!


Our Father’s Day started without our daddy at 5 a.m. in Idaho Falls. Grandpa B and Grandma GoGo drove us to Salt Lake City so that we could catch our flight home to be with Steve. (We stayed in I.F. 1 extra day so that we could spend the night with my parents in their new, new, new house.)


We then made a fly by the Wendy’s by our house, pigged out, and fell asleep. I slept until 7 p.m.! Ooooops. Steve was good to let me sleep, it was his day after all, not mine. I’ll have to make it up to him. Both boys took baths, willingly put on PJs and went to bed while mom and dad started laundry. I just finished giving Steve a preview of our 300+ pictures that we took on our trip.

The flowers on the porch survived my vacation away from them, and they are growing beautifully. The sweet potato vines give the perfect shock of lime green from the shadow of the porch and pair beautifully with the peachy-pink geraniums and purple and red verbena.

We had a great time with both families. We really appreciate all the families letting us stay over, camp out, and eat with them. We were shown the utmost hospitality and experience some of the best “firsts” of life. I mean come on…. Whipped cream waffles and s’mores in the same week! Cooper is pretty sure Heaven is lined with gum drop streets and marshmallow hedges. Even Mason got a taste of the sweet stuff… vanilla ice cream. Perhaps we should go back to a sugar free life this week.

Much love to everyone. And if you get a chance, visit Adam and Claudia’s blog. Claud posted some amazing pics of Wisconsin.

PS – I finished Memory Keeper’s Daughter on the trip. Gave it to Glenda. But if anyone else wants it, they can take it from her once she finishes. This was the fabulous book I bought with the B&N gift card I got as a gift from Adam & Claudia. Thanks guys! (Actually that might not have been the one I got, but it's one of them that I bought with one of the GCs. My family obviously knows I like to read.)

No comments: