Monday, June 11, 2007

Remote Splendor


Today's post comes to you from Island Park, Idaho. I'm sitting on the front porch of my grandparent's cabin in the forest! Mason is sitting with me -- as we often do at home -- but I feel a million miles away. For one, I can't hear cars/trucks of any kind. But there is a peaceful rushing rustling singing through the trees. The rumble of it ebbs and flows like and ocean of breeze carrying the sweet nothings of nature to me. The soundtrack of birds, squirrels, and buzzing bugs that punctuates the distant noise of the wind in the trees is rejuvenating. This place has some serious good chi'I.

Cooper and grandma gogo have wandered off on a nature walk. This after a hearty lunch of beef stew and a little muscle flexing -- cooper helped grandma gogo carry firewood into the cabin and its creepy wood closet.
It's warmer outside than inside, but there's still a little nip. Or maybe we city kids aren't used to fresh air. When we got out of the truck cooper declared, "- smell something." Of course it was the piney, earthy freshness of nature. Welcome to the world, little men!
Now, if we could just do something about these mosquitoes! Z z z z z
Excuse, one is carrying me away as I type.

No comments: