Tuesday, May 8, 2007

New Neighbors, No Talkie

Cooper was so excited to see our new neighbors today. He ran right up to the toddler and cheered, “Nini!” He sincerely thought their little girl was Nini Hill! While she is Asian, she is probably a year or two older than our little Nini and she speaks no English.


Her father (or grandfather) was with her on the porch. I introduced myself and he waved his hand in front of his face like he smelled a stinky toot and said something to me. I presume it was something like, “I don’t understand what you are saying.” So, I smiled and welcomed him to the neighborhood anyway.


I’m guessing Chinese, based on clothing and appearance. I didn’t recognize what he was saying, but he didn’t look Japanese or Vietnamese. Maybe Korean. If he’s Chinese, I can’t imagine why they would buy the house they just bought. It has some of THE WORST feng shui I’ve ever seen.


I was just thrilled that Cooper was so excited to see who he thought was his cousin. He has fallen in love with her via the blogs. When we get to meet her in person it will be a real treat for everyone.


For your visual enjoyment, we’ve included pictures of the day. New bubble machine. If you have a toddler or a baby, and a Costco, this is a well-spent $15. Both boys thought it was fantastico!

No comments: