Wednesday, May 9, 2007

We Got The Giggles


Again with the Curious George CD. I just want to shout out to Adam and Claudia, again. CD is a big hit with the whole family. I truly cannot describe the sheer excitement listening to the music brings Cooper. Every time we get in the car he shouts, “Upside Down, Mommy!” This means I am to start playing track No. 1, directly, and with NO delay on account of seat belts, lip gloss, sunglasses, garage door opener, etc.


Once the music begins, he actually sings along. Mason gets excited, too. The two of them bebop along as we drive and it is hilarious. Just the other day we were leaving the Costco parking lot. Cooper made his request and as soon as the music started (this time the Reduce, Reuse, Recycle song) he started bouncing along to the beat, trying to snap his fingers, and kicking his legs. Then he proclaimed, “Oh my gosh! I can’t stop talking!” Let me repeat – Cooper giggled then said, “Oh my gosh! I can’t stop talking!”


This brought on hoots of laughter from all in the car – including but not limited to Mason. Mason’s peals of laughter really get the whole family laughing. We find it comical that he will laugh when we laugh, though he does not know what we are laughing about. It’s just a big vortex of joy around here.


My writing has become tiresome, formulaic, and a slave to the chronological order of things. A big, fat sorry to my readers. Though I’ll try to snap out of it, these kinds of creative ruts can take years to overcome.
I’m hoping to share my thoughts on the following over the next few days. Stay tuned:

Fun in the face of bubonic plague.
School uniforms prevent Las Vegas boobies.
The perspective on the down low.
Pre-printing.
Who does Mason know?
Poop is not a cookie.
Playing games in the tub.
I used to think Baby Einstein was a cop out.
Naked baby, sleep so good.
Used my Chinese phrase on tittering school girls.
Homemade book of useful Asiatic-language phrases.
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.
First Taste of Summer

No comments: