Sunday, April 15, 2007

Another Year Older

I know you’re all just dying to hear fun birthday stories. So, let me recap my day…

In grand family tradition, when it is your birthday, it is YOUR day. And so this is what I elected to do…

8:00 a.m.
slept in and awoke to Cooper saying, “Hippy Bird-day!”

9:00 a.m.
Steve made breakfast. Fresh coffee, scrambled eggs with cheese and white bread toast (with sugar).

9:30 a.m.
Dress boys in play clothes. Negotiate with Cooper to permit him wearing PJs under clothes.

10:00 a.m.
Bike ride with the boys. First stop: Walgreens. Fun stop: new park. Final stop: home. My legs are screaming after pulling 40 extra pounds of boy and the trailer. Mason sits in grass for the first time!



Noon
Take off for a fun adventure of driving through “dream” neighborhoods. Looking for houses for sale and open houses. Toured a few. Mason babbles very loudly during car ride.

1 p.m.
Stopped at Carl’s Jr. for lunch. Discovered that Cooper likes Chicken Stars. Mason sleeping.

2 p.m.
Continue neighborhood scouting. Cooper walks through houses saying things like, "Ooooo," and "Oh my!" Realtor comments on Mason's bugars and lets me know her 13 yol still has them! I have so much to look forward to.

3:30 p.m.
Pit stop at Tony’s meat market for birthday dinner supplies. Crab cakes and salad caprese. Tempted by peanut butter brownies and asparagus. But I have to draw the line somewhere.

4 p.m.
Mason has to take a bath after pouring 4 ounces of pear-pineapple on his own lap.

4:30 p.m.
Cooper poops in the yard! Steve changes the diaper. Woot-woot.

5:30 p.m.
Steve prepares dinner and I eat it while boys watch Curious George.

6 p.m.
Steve prepares dinner for Cooper – ramen noodles.

7 p.m.
Ice Cream Cake (lots o sugar) and birthday singing. Cooper is so excited he can barely contain himself. Who's birthday is it anyway?

8 p.m.
All my friends and family call me including parents, Devin, and Monica! Got lots of fun text messages from some of my pals, too. Thanks everyone!

9 p.m.
Cooper finds his karoke microphone. I thought I hid it better than that. 12 rounds of "If you're happy and you know it..." ensue.

10 p.m.
Kids are asleep. I’m making journal entries for Mason, Cooper, and myself. And ending my day with a post to the blog.

It’s a good day, a very good day.

No comments: