Sunday, April 8, 2007

Top 3 reasons to procrastinate…

#3 -- Having a massive pile of projects gives you a reason to wake up every day.
#2 -- You can get out of plans with “obligatory” friends by saying, “Sorry, I’ve got way too much to do.”

And the number one reason…

#1 -- Time proffers excellent perspective.

Take this photo for instance. When we took it nearly 2 years ago I didn’t think it turned out that great. I didn’t like the PJs Cooper was wearing and I didn’t especially like that he was holding a football. But now, now I know Cooper. I know that the expression on his face is genuinely, uniquely him. He still does it. It’s the, “I know you want me to be excited about something, but I don’t know what.” face.
If we ask Cooper a question like…

Guess who’s coming to dinner?

OR

Guess where we are going today?

OR

Do you know what Santa brought you?

He will make this face. Drop jaw, eyes wide, anticipation obvious. Lesson learned: Wait to “edit” your family history of pictures like these. Someday, they’ll mean even more than the moment you took them.

I invite you to join me in my universal campaign to promote gross procrastination – it’s a good thing.

No comments: